Monday, June 22, 2009

goodbyes - march, final week


goodbye to semilla and casas program friends and co workers....


who gave me a "depidida" (going away party)




and to the friendly couple who greeted me each day from their food stand when i headed to work.



and to my former host family (and dear friends) carlos, sylvia, citlali, itzel, rocio, janser and ricky, who helped me adjust to life in guatemala and learn spanish in my first couple months.


and to buds alex, dennis and davis, who took me out to one last night of grilled street food before a relaxing evening of witty jabs and guitar-playing attempts.



and teary goodbyes to mcc co-workers before they boarded their bus for meetings in coban.



and a sleep-over and movie night my last night in guate with mcc bosses daughters nataly and melany (the female-colombian versions of my brothers matt and ben, i swear it!)


and one last goodbye to my colorful, sunny pad...


adios, que nos veamos pronto guatemala.

No comments: