Saturday, March 15, 2008

meet my new roommate

sometimes with weeks like these, you head out for dinner and find yourself taking a new kitty home.



meet my new roommate.







matt (my bro) will appreciate this one.



my neighbor nate (fellow mccer, but admittedly not a cat admirer) saw her in action last night and christened her "spazma."

i will not accept that!


but i will have to accept that i am now one of those people who posts pics of their pet as if they were a newborn human infant.


i think her name is shiloh. a name that popped into my head as nate was leaving.
so i just checked the meaning and it is:
shiloh -
"resting place;"
a word with similar meaning to the hebrew shalom -meaning "(holistic) peace."
yep. that's sounds like the message that must be being sent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"look at the cute baby kitty ... "

(picture me saying this in my most annoying "baby/kid" voice . . . )

I totally don't think it's lame to post those pictures. And that "stretching" one is ripe for some brilliant caption on I can has cheezburger (what?! you haven't been?! icanhascheezburger.blogspot.com)

Anonymous said...

oh, and ps--you've just been tagged! (visit laterain.wordpress.com for the details)

Anonymous said...

:) !
The cutie stretch!
Love it.
sMatt